How to come to the Meudon and Paris Observatory ?
(Informations from http://www.obspm.fr)
To come to Meudon Observatory :
- Postal address and pedestrian access: Observatoire de Paris, site de Meudon - 5, place Jules Janssen, F-92195 Meudon cedex
- Vehicle access: 11, avenue Marcelin Berthelot, 92195 Meudon
Standard : +33 1 45 07 75 30
Vehicle access :
- from Orly airport (pdf document from www.viamichelin.fr).
- coming from Paris:
- by the Boulevard Périphérique, take the Quai d’Issy exit, then go in the direction of Issy les Moulineaux, Sèvres, then Meudon.
- by the RN 118, from the Pont de Sèvres, go in the direction of Chartres Orléans, exit at Meudon Sèvres, then go to Meudon.
Access using the Montparnasse train station with the slow train
From the Montparnasse station in Paris, take the slow train in the direction of Sèvres Rive Gauche (less frequently in the direction of Versailles-Chantiers, Rambouillet, Chartres, etc....)
3rd stop: Meudon (after Vanves-Malakoff and Clamart). Leave the station by turning right, and after about 200 meters turn right again, then go straight up the hill.
4th stop: Meudon-Bellevue. Leave the station by turning left, take the avenue du Château which mounts gently. The Observatory entrance is at the top.
Access using the le RER (regional express train)
Take any train on the RER-C line which goes to Versailles Rive Gauche and stop off at the Meudon-Val Fleury station. Then go to Meudon, taking care not to go in the direction of Clamart (it’s best to ask you way). The walk takes about 15 to 20 minutes, and the hill is fairly steep.
There is a bus, number 289 direction Clamart, stop off at Église de Meudon.
Cross he road and go up the hill (about 5 min walk)
Access using the Metro + bus
- By the metro line 12, descend at the terminus Mairie d’Issy, take the bus number 169 in the direction of Pont de Sèvres; stop off at either the Place Rabelais or the Église de Meudon.
- By the metro line 9, descend at the terminus Pont de Sèvres, take the bus number 169 in the direction of the Hôpital européen George Pompidou; stop off at either the Place Rabelais or the Église de Meudon.
In either case, go up the hill to the park (about 5 min walk).
Longitude : 2 ° 14’ East - Latitude : 48 ° 48’ North - Altitude : 162 meters.
The workshop will take place in the amphitheater of the building 18. See the following map of the site :
To come to Paris Observatory :
A social buffet will take place in the Cassini room of the historical building in Paris Observatory.
From Roissy/Charles-de-Gaulle airport : Take the RER B direction Saint-Rémy-lès-Chevreuse or Robinson or Massy and stop off at the Denfert-Rochereau or Port-Royal stations
From Orly airport : Two possibilities :
- By bus : take the OrlyBus to Denfert-Rochereau
- By train : take the OrlyVal train, change at Antony for the RER B in the direction of Paris ; stop off at Denfert-Rochereau
Bus access : Lines 38, 83 or 91, stop off at Observatoire-Port Royal Lines 38, 68, 216, 88, stop off at Denfert-Rochereau
Metro access : Lines 4 and 6: stop off at the Denfert-Rochereau station
RER access : RER B : stop off at the Denfert-Rochereau or Port-Royal stations More informations about the public transport can be found on the RATP website